Easter Dinner Grilled Cheese
You can make this delicious grilled cheese with either brie or fresh chevre, both are delicious and fantastic for a springtime sandwich.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 spears asparagus, fibrous ends removed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 12-inch sweet baguette halved into 2 6-inch lengths and sliced open horizontally
- 4 ounces brie, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 slices deli ham
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter stops bubbling, add the asparagus and sear on all sides until just slightly browned. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer each baguette half with about a fourth of the brie, half the asparagus, the remaining brie, and the ham.
- Heat the skillet to medium and add half of the remaining butter. Once the butter has melted, place one of the sandwiches into the skillet and weigh it down with something heavy like a kettle or a cast iron pan wrapped in aluminum foil. Let the sandwich cook for about 2 minutes and then flip, weight it again, and cook for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Repeat with the second sandwich and serve warm with a glass or wine or leftover Easter candy.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/