Grilled Peaches with Cheese & Balsamic Vinegar
This dessert is perfect for summer evenings when the grill is already hot from burgers. The sweet, fresh fruit pairs perfectly with creamy, savory cheese and tangy balsamic vinegar.
- ½ cup soft-ripened cheese (such as Vermont Creamery's Coupole)
- 4 ripe freestone peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Mint or Thai basil
- Place cheese in a bowl and let sit at room temperature to soften. Meanwhile, cut peaches in half through stem and remove stone. Brush cut sides lightly with olive oil.
- Place peaches on grill, cut side down, and grill for just under 1 minute. (If you like, you can rotate the peaches 90 degrees midway through cooking to create appealing grill lines.)
- Remove peaches from grill and place small portions of cheese in the indents where the peach stones used to be. Allow cheese to melt slightly, then garnish with pepper, balsamic vinegar, and fresh herbs. Serve warm.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/