Hazelnut, Ricotta, and Lemon Pesto
This unique, yet versatile pesto recipe from Bon Appétit does as well tossed with pasta as it does alone, slathered on a slice of baguette.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups whole-milk ricotta cheese (from one 15-ounce container)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons (packed) finely grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Fine sea salt
- With processor running, drop garlic clove into machine and blend until finely chopped. Add hazelnuts, basil, and 2 tablespoons olive oil; process until hazelnuts and basil are finely chopped. Add ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel, and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil; process until well blended. Transfer mixture to small bowl and stir in Pecorino Romano cheese. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/