Lemon-Whey Soup with Peas & Bulgar
Use leftover whey and introduce spring with this tart and tasty recipe
Write a review
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly shelled peas
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 diced shallot
- 4 cups whey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Handful of fresh spring herbs, such as parsley, chives, and dill
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil. Drop in freshly shelled peas and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and reserve cooking liquid. Set peas aside.
- Pour reserved salted water over the bulgar, cover, and let steep until bulgar is plump and soft, about 20 minutes. Immediately add the diced shallot while bulgar is still warm, and toss to combine.
- Add whey (hot or cold), lemon zest and lemon juice, and reserved peas. Top with fresh spring herbs.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/