Chef Stefan Karlsson makes these savory muffins with Prästost, one of Sweden’s most popular cheeses. The semi-hard, cow’s milk cheese has a creamy, rich flavor and smooth texture. Find it at select IKEAs or order online at Anderson Butik.
Write a review
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 6⅓ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 8 ounces Prästost (or Emmental), finely grated
- Flake salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine eggs, olive oil, and yogurt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together flour, cumin, baking powder, and table salt. Mix in grated cheese. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter into nonstick mini muffin tins, and sprinkle flake salt on tops. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are golden. Serve warm with butter on the side.
- TIME-SAVING TIP: Batter may be prepared up to a day in advance and refrigerated.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/