Sal e Pepe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A great grilled cheese is all about balancing elements. This grilled cheese with its crisp outside, creamy ricotta interior, and balance of sweet, salty, and spicy, is the perfect example.
Write a review
- 2 thick slices of hearty bread
- 2-3 oz Salvatore Brooklyn ricotta (or your favorite fresh ricotta)
- 2 tablespoons creamed raw honey
- Sea salt flakes (we like the Maldon Sea Salt, to taste)
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat your panini press if you have one. If not, a nonstick pan or skillet will do just fine.
- Spread the ricotta onto one slice of the bread and honey on the other.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the ricotta and honey.
- Liberally butter the outsides of the bread, and place your sandwich on panini press or skillet.
- Toast for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the bread is golden brown. Allow to cool one minute before serving, and enjoy!
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/