Smoked Turkey Carnitas
Pre-smoked turkey legs from the supermarket provide a great shortcut for this dish. Piquant salsa verde and salty cotija cheese added to the meat make this speedy meal a tasty summer staple.
Write a review
- 2 smoked turkey legs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill. Grill smoked turkey legs, turning occasionally, until just warmed through, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine onion and lime juice. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Shred meat from turkey legs. In a medium bowl, combine shredded meat, salsa verde, and cumin.
- Grill tortillas for 30 seconds on each side to warm. Top each with turkey meat mixture, onion mixture, lettuce, tomato, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/