Tiramisu Cheesecake with Mascarpone Cheese
This mouth-watering dessert from Wisconsin Cheese pairs the flavors of tiramisu with the rich texture of cheesecake.
Write a review
FOR THE CRUST
- 1½ cups biscotti cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Wisconsin Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups mini-chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Combine the biscotti crumbs, butter, and espresso granules in a bowl and mix them together. Press the mixture into and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat together the ricotta, mascarpone, espresso granules, sugar, and flour. In another bowl, combine the eggs, brandy, and vanilla. Add to this to the cheese mixture and blend thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (the top will still be slightly loose). Turn off the heat and let cake cool in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely; refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the sides from the springform pan and sprinkle the cheesecake with cocoa powder, if desired. Garnish with coffee beans before serving.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/