Man, why are you guys messing with fire? The ungrilled cheese sandwich is the way to go: weren't sandwiches made to go where kitchens can't?
Write a review
- 2 pieces caraway rye
- Thinly sliced emmentaler (thin, and enough to make a pair of opera gloves for an unpretentious girl)
- Thinly sliced unripe tomato (the kind everyone complains about)
- A little lettuce
- Thinly sliced red onion (you can use white onion that's been jacuzzi'd in hot water for a minute to mellow it out)
- Hellman's mayo, or your own (mayonnaise supposedly has the strongest consumer loyalty of any condiment -- you can go Heinz to Hunts, but you can't go Hellman's to Miracle)
- Mustard (optional)
- Add your condiments to the bread. Mustard on the cheese side, mayo on the veggie side. Or mayo on both sides. Take your cheese slices and fold them like in commercials -- this makes them taste better. Add the onions next, then the lettuce, then the tomato next to the bread. Eat it in private.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/