Vincent Price's Cheese Delights
Although Vincent Price was most well known for his frightening horror movie roles in the 1950s, he and his wife were also serious cooks and gourmets, writing cookbooks on the side. This recipe was taken from their cookbook Come into the Kitchen (Stravon Educational Press, 1969).
Write a review
- ½ cup chilled butter
- ½ lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Split blanched almond, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and cheddar cheese (you can use an electric mixer, if you like - just be sure not to overmix).
- Mix in the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Gather dough into a ball, cover with plastic, and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and turn out the dough onto a lightly-floured board.
- Roll dough to a ¼-inch thickness and cut with a small round biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet, press a half of a blanched almond in the center of each biscuit, and lightly sprinkle the biscuits to taste with salt.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes until golden.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/