Good morning cheese fanatics! Do you have what it takes to eat 25 pounds of cheese curds in 6 minutes? Would you punch a guy in the face for a free cheese sample? Would you risk getting caught by police for just one more bite of Red Leicester? Would you rely on cheese tins to smuggle drugs? None of that sound like something you would do? Well luckily for us, there are people out there who would do all of these things. Buckle up, cause you’re in for a crazy round-up today.
Here’s what you might have missed this week in cheese news:
- Guard your hydrangeas, there are some new kids on the block in Boise! Dozens of professional goats took over this Idaho neighborhood and you’re going to want to watch all the video footage.
- Are you sick of living a safe life of chocolate and vanilla? Grub Street makes the case for Murray’s controversial cheese ice cream. I’m convinced.
- There’s a toaster exclusively for making grilled cheese. Do you need it? I do.
- What happens when you put two men in their 70’s in a cheese sample line at a Costco? A fist fight, obviously.
- These struggling farmers are turning excess dairy into food for the hungry. I’m honestly touched.
- And this 10 Gallon challenge is here to support the farmers. Social media may just be what saves the dairy industry.
- Autumn is upon us, enter the comfort foods. Indulge yourself and all your people with this insane garlic cheese bread centerpiece.
- Cheesemonster is coming to DC, but don’t call it a cheese shop. It’s a cheese experience.
- This little old lady literally survived on cheese for weeks when her pension accidentally ended. You can always trust cheddar to get you through the hard times.
- Blue cheese. Candied bacon. Pepperoncini. Tomatoes. Red onion. This is one fully loaded grilled cheese.
- Only in America can someone call themselves a professional competitive eater. Cheese curds – you’re next.
- A man in Jamaica tries to smuggle weed in cheese tins. Do you think it was the smell or the weight discrepancy that tipped off authorities?
- The world’s best mac and cheese is easier to make than you think, according to this recipe.
- This burglar was busted because he couldn’t suppress his cheese cravings for one night. Let’s just say he was caught Red Leicester handed.