It may still be August, but we’re already getting into the spooky fall mood with the discovery of the world’s oldest (and potentially cursed) cheese in an Egyptian tomb. We’ve also got the deets on every cheese lover’s dream job, a handy guide to Spanish wheels, and tips to help you overcome a different kind of curse: lactose intolerance.
Here’s what you might have missed this week in cheese news:
- Fans of aged cheese, this one’s for you. Archaeologists found 3,200-Year-Old Cheese in an Egyptian Tomb.
- Turns out, it might be cursed. (Of course it is.)
- Hi, dream job.
- With mold so bold, how can you tell when blue cheese has gone bad? The Takeout has your answer!
- Think you’re a cheese whiz? Take this quiz and put your knowledge to the test. You might find out that you don’t know Jack!
- “I just got the love for cheese.” We love this interview with U.K. shop owner Ian Robinson.
- You already know that beer and cheese make an amazing couple. But have you tried beer cheese?
- Take a virtual trip to Spain via this guide to Spanish cheeses. Spoiler alert: If you’re expecting Manchego, think again.
- Why waste money on flavorless tablets? With these lactose free dairy products, your taste buds and your stomach can be on the same page.
- The future is now and it has… floating dairy farms?