Photo Courtesy of the Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Greetings die-hard cheese lovers! We hope you’ve enjoyed your week and are taking time this Sunday to rest your feet and sip a cold brew coffee, or just a cold brewski. After all, cheese pairs beautifully with both.
Here’s what you might have missed this week in cheese news:
- The Burlington airport has just unveiled larger-than-life replicas of maple syrup and Cabot sharp cheddar cheese. Just in case you were confused about which state you were in.
- Grilled cheese is about more than just sandwiches. We’re talking about cheese straight up on the grill.
- Madison, Wisconsin finally just rolled out the world’s largest cheese board and thousands got a slice of the action.
- Round out the rest of grilling season with a juicy lucy molten. Here’s how to make one with any cheese.
- I don’t think I can look at the world the same way again knowing that mayo-flavored ice cream exists…
- …Then again, you feta brie-lieve I’m about to stuff my face with this cheesy ice cream at Murray’s in New York. I mean, why not?
- Here’s why the United States government has over 1 billion pounds of cheese stockpiled around the country. If that’s not a reason to start an anarchist coup, I don’t know what is.
- I’ll take heirloom tomatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner please. Oh, and make sure there’s goat cheese on there too.
- When I die and go to heaven, I imagine it’ll look a little something like the Festival of Cheese at the American Cheese Society’s annual conference. Here’s a recap for your FOMO.
- New cheese alert: Roth Monroe. It has the full approval of the fabulous Florence Fabricant.
- Broaden your Formaggio horizons with these six wonders of the Italian cheese world.
- What’s my dream vacation? An all-access pass to the Finger Lakes Cheese Festival. Here’s a little snippet to make you jealous.
- Hey keto friends! Here’s a list of cheeses you can eat and accompanying recipes to boot!
- Did someone say cheese curd eating contest? I might be whey overqualified for that one.
- Everyone! Set an alert on your phones for the 11th of September. That’s when tickets go on sale for the Mac and Cheese Festival in Austin!