In queso you live under a rock, June 4 was National Cheese Day. To celebrate, the Huffington Post rounded up 38 cheese-related tweets, and we highly recommend scrolling through them if you need a food laugh. Some of our favorites include: “I don’t have to say ‘cheese’ to smile. I just have to think about it.” and “My 7yo just decided to spend her pocket money on cheese instead of candy, so my work here is done.”
Here’s what else you might have missed in cheese news:
- When a Kraft factory began producing string cheese in this New York city, they generated a lot of jobs. The downside? They’re draining the water supply.
- After decades spent devising a maze with cheese at the center, psychology researchers at Harvard University announced they were ready to commence human trials. Yes, it’s a joke. But it’s still fun to read.
- Now that school’s out, summer parties are in full swing. Whether we’re talking pool parties, barbecues, or lake days, why not be everyone’s favorite host with a cheese plate?
- Speaking of barbecues, vegetarians often have limited options while everyone else chooses between a burger, bratwurst, or hotdog (or all the above). Instead of crossing your fingers that your host remembered to grab a veggie burger from the freezer section, why not grill some cheese?
- If you’re an Apple consumer, you’re probably aware of the steadily rising costs of each next gadget. Tech assessment takes a cheesy turn in this review that compares the new MacBook with a cheese grater.
- If you’re in the mood for some nostalgia, you might like this author’s reflection on celebrating her last two (adult) birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese.