With bi-coastal storms and tragedies across the country, we’ve been feeling pretty blue here at Culture. If you’re like us, you could probably do with a pick-me-up.
To turn your frown upside down, unwrap that special wheel of brie you’ve been saving for a rainy day, break off a few (dozen) squares of sea salt dark chocolate – you know, for its anti-depressant properties – and let your favorite bottle of bubbly breathe. If you drain it single-handedly, remember this is a judgment-free zone. Now take a deep breath in and let it all go.
It’s freaking Sunday Funday, cheese friends, let’s have a (cheese)ball! Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- To set yourself up for a killer week, whip up a batch of these cheddar muffins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Thanks to Einstein Bros. you can finally stop rubbing your head in Reblochon and prosciutto every morning. They’ve got a shampoo for that!
- Fire up those grills and get your melted cheese game on fleek – the Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Championship is on its way!
- Do you love Tessa Thompson? Do you love goats? Well, then what are you waiting for? Follow this twitter!
- Can’t remember if blue goes better with white or red? These 10 winemakers might have some answers.
- They say good things come in threes, and three new cheese shops sounds pretty good to us. Watch out Cincinnati, the cheese craze is coming at you hard!
- Apparently, cheese balls are back in style. The idea that they ever went out of style is news to us – we haven’t stopped eating them since 1969.
- After recently tying the knot, these Cowgirl Creamery and Formaggio Kitchen veterans will be cutting the ribbon at a new cheese shop in Portland, ME this summer.
- Vendors at the Oregon Cheese Festival struck gold with a rush of over 6,000 cheese lovers attending the event last weekend.
- Unless moldy cheese and frozen slugs are your thing, we recommend crossing this pub off your list of date night options. Check your gag reflexes before reading this one.
- A woman was arrested when she mistook a jail for a drive-up sandwich shop. Would you like some handcuffs with that, ma’am?
- We hope this ranking of the best boxed mac and cheese doesn’t start WWIII between the Annie’s and Kraft kids. Where does your allegiance lie?
- Easter eggs made out of cheese, you say? Happy Cheester indeed!
- This cheese-themed dinner menu is perfect for a first date. Dating tip #1: check that they’re not lactose intolerant before you go.
- It can melt, it can ooze, it can crunch – there’s nothing this KFC triple-threat cheeseburger can’t do.
- Dominos might bring vegan cheese to the people of New Zealand. Finally, one reason not to be jealous of the Kiwis.