Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Apricot Chicken
Known for its signature crunch and rich, buttery flavor, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts are not only delicious for everyday snacking, but a versatile pantry staple that easily elevates any meal. For something the whole family will love, try Mauna Loa’s simple-to-make Macadamia Nut Apricot Chicken that calls for only six ingredients. Fusing together sweet apricot preserves, zesty Dijon mustard, melty fontina cheese and the satisfying crunch of macadamia nuts, this delectable chicken recipe is perfect to be shared and savored with those you love most. This dish pairs well with macadamia nut brown rice and vegetables, and also freezes well for easy leftovers
- 2 ½ cups (10 oz) Mauna Loa Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt (chopped coarsely)
- 12 oz jar Apricot Preserves
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless & boneless)
- ¼ cup Dijon-styled Mustard
- 8 oz. Fontina Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and grease.
- Combine the apricot preserves and mustard in a large skillet and heat over low heat, stirring until melted (but not hot). Remove from heat. Remove ½ cup of preserve mixture to another bowl (extra sauce can be serve with baked chicken).
- Wash and dry chicken breasts. Make a pocket by slicing each breast in the middle.
- Dip each breast in the preserves mixture generously. Dip in bowl of coarsely chopped macadamia nuts and place in baking dish.
- Slice generous slices of Fontina Cheese and place in each chicken pocket.
- Pour remaining preserves from skillet over top of chicken breasts with remaining nuts.
- Sprinkle salt (to taste).
- Bake at 375 degrees 25-35 minutes (until done).
- Remove chicken breasts from baking sheet and put on platter. Serve with extra sauce.
- Serve with Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Brown Rice.
- We recommend cutting the chickens breasts in half after slicing the pocket. This way it can serve up to 8 people.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/