Alpine Asparagus Roll with Roth Grand Cru Reserve
Impress your guests with these elegant and innovative capicola-wrapped asparagus spears featuring the nutty notes of Roth Grand Cru Reserve—a Best of Class winner at the 2017 United States Championship Cheese Contest.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing
- 7 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, finely diced and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 4 ounces capicola, sliced into thin 3-inch rounds
- 4 ounces Roth® Grand Cru® Reserve, shaved
- Trim bottoms of asparagus so each spear is approximately 6 inches in length. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outer layer of skin.
- Add asparagus and balsamic dressing to a plastic bag or container. Seal tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Combine cream cheese, black pepper, roasted red peppers, and chives in a mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Layer 2 slices of capicola so they overlap slightly. Spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture over sliced meat and layer 2 to 3 Grand Cru® Reserve shavings on top of spread. Place a marinated asparagus spear onto one end of the meat and gently roll meat and cheese around asparagus.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/