Asparaugs–Snap Pea Pasta with La Bonne Vie Crème Fraîche
This recipe for creamy pasta with fresh asparagus and sugar snap peas is an amazing dinner for any occasion. Smooth crème fraiche and robust Parmigiano Reggiano make a delectable sauce that will keep you coming back for more.
- ¼ pound sugar snap peas, stems trimmed
- ½ pound asparagus, ends snapped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup fresh peas
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta
- ⅔ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. While the water comes to a boil, slice snap peas and asparagus into ¼-inch-thick pieces, leaving asparagus tips whole.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add snap peas, asparagus, and onion. Cook until vegetables are barely tender (not soft or mushy), about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Immediately toss pasta with vegetables, Parmigiano Reggiano, crème fraîche, and herbs. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/