Baked DaneKo Fontina
A Danish twist on a warm, gooey cheese dip, this recipe highlights the the mild sweetness of DaneKo fontina with rosemary, thyme, and garlic for the perfect appetizer for any dinner party.
- 1½ pounds DaneKo fontina, rind removed and 1-inch-diced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 crusty French baguette
- Preheat broiler and position oven rack about 5 inches from the heat.
- Distribute the cubes of Fontina evenly in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, and rosemary, and sprinkle garlic-herb mixture, salt, and pepper over cheese.
- Place skillet under the broiler for 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and starts to brown.
- Serve with crusty chunks of bread.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/