Beet Risotto with Four Pepper Goat Cheese
The classic combination of beets and goat cheese are given the risotto treatment.
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-large beets, peeled and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 oz Montchevre 4 Pepper Goat Cheese, crumbled
- In a medium saucepan bring the stock to a simmer; cover and keep warm. In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter in the oil. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until softened, 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded beets and cook, stirring, until the beets soften, 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of warm stock to the rice and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the stock is nearly absorbed. Continue adding the stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until the rice is al dente and a thick sauce forms, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in 3 ounces of cheese and cook, stirring, until heated through (add a few tablespoons of water if the risotto is too thick). Spoon the risotto into bowls, garnish with the rest of the cheese, and serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/