Basil Pesto Gnocchi with BelGioioso American Grana
Light as a feather gnocchi is perfect for presenting bold flavors such as herbaceous basil pesto and rich, salty American Grana cheese.
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded BelGioioso American Grana cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- Poke and bake russet potatoes until fork tender. Remove from oven and cut open so the potatoes can steam and cool. Once potatoes are only warm to the touch, run potato pulp through a food mill. Make a well in the center of the potato pulp and add egg, egg yolk, flour, BelGioioso American Grana, olive oil and salt. Mix together until just combined, being careful not to work the dough too much, which can result in doughy gnocchi.
- Roll potato dough 1/4 - 1/2 inch diameter and cut to length with a knife. Blanch in boiling water until the gnocchi float. Mix gnocchi with basil pesto and sprinkle with shredded BelGioioso American Grana.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/