Cheese-Stuffed Butternut Squash
This autumnal dish is a refined harmony of fruity and tangy Lustenberger 1862, butternut squash, zucchini, and nuts, plus a fresh note of pomegranate. This wonderful cheese from Switzerland adds extra pizzazz to give your friends and family a real treat for dinner or lunch. And the best part: It’s quick and easy to prepare.
- 2 small butternut squashes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 120 grams Lustenberger 1862 fruity and tangy
- 1 pomegranate
- 70 grams walnuts
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 bunch citrus thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the squash and cut each in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and discard. Sprinkle cut squash with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 25 minutes in the oven at 350°F, until fork-tender.
- While the squash bakes, prepare the filling. Cut Lustenberger 1862 into cubes. Remove pomegranate seeds from fruit, chop walnuts roughly, roughly grate zucchini, and pick citrus thyme leaves from the stem. Mix everything together in a large bowl until combined.
- Remove squash from the oven, fill, and bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
This recipe is sponsored by Lustenberger & Dürst SA.