Classic Cobb Salad with Point Reyes Bay Blue
Who doesn’t love a Cobb Salad? For lunch or dinner, a Classic Cobb satisfies on every level with crunchy greens, sweet tomatoes, savory bacon, farm fresh eggs, creamy avocado and of course delicious blue cheese! Our preferred version is full of Point Reyes Bay Blue, which is full of complex, layered flavors that are both savory and sweet. This recipe originated at The Fork, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company’s on-farm culinary and educational center. Executive Chef Jennifer Luttrell whips this salad up whenever guests want a light meal that is packed with loads of protein and maximum flavor.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and sliced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 oz. Point Reyes Bay Blue, crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- For dressing, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, salt and pepper in small bowl. While continuing to whisk, gradually add olive oil until combined. Set aside.
- Place lettuce in large bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat evenly. Transfer to serving platter. Top with even rows of chicken, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, Point Reyes Bay Blue and egg. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/