Cypress Grove’s Eggplant Rollatini
Sweater weather is upon us—and so is the return of cozy comfort food. As the nights grow longer, tuck into this eggplant rollatini featuring Cypress Grove’s Herbs de Humboldt® fresh goat cheese.
- 3 medium-sized eggplants
- ¼ lb spicy sausage, cooked
- 4 oz disk Herbs de Humboldt®
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Season slices with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant slices on hot grill until lightly browned on each side and tender, about 2 minutes per side. Remove slices from the grill to cool.
- Mix Herbs de Humboldt with cooked spicy sausage, basil, pine nuts, and mozzarella. Place a tablespoon of the cheese mixture on one end of the eggplant and roll up tightly.
- Place the eggplant rollatini into an olive oil-greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining eggplant. Evenly distribute the tomato sauce on top of the rollatini.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/