Cypress Grove Purple Haze Lavender Cheesecake
Sweeten up your Valentine's Day with this floral take on classic vanilla cheesecake. Cypress Grove Purple Haze fresh goat cheese lends a subtle tang with sweet and aromatic notes of lavender and fennel.
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 20 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces Cypress Grove Purple Haze goat cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lavender sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lavender sugar (according to desired strength of lavender flavor)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF with oven rack set in middle position.
- Prepare springform pan by wrapping the bottom with aluminum foil. Lightly butter the bottom of the pan only. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add flour and almonds, mixing until combined and dough begins to clump together.
- Press dough into the bottom of the springform pan with floured fingers and bake until golden brown, about 15 to 25 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan.
- Make lavender sugar by grinding lavender and sugar (1:10 ratio) using a mortar and pestle until the lavender is mostly pulverized. Sift out large lavender pieces, if desired.
- Blend all 6 filling ingredients until completely smooth. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Bake until cake filling is just set, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer, then chill, uncovered, in the refrigerator overnight. Release sides of pan before serving.
- When ready to serve, combine all 3 topping ingredients in a small bowl and spread the mixture evenly over the cheesecake.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/