Don Antonio by Starita's Fraticelli
Serve these spicy, melty snacks with a dry apéritif such as Prosecco or Campari and soda.
- 1 12-ounce ball pizza dough, room temperature
- 6 ounces aged provolone piccante, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 quart canola oil, for frying
- Using a dough scraper or metal spatula, divide dough into 5 pieces. Use your hands to shape each into a 3-inch square about ¼-inch-thick. Evenly distribute provolone cubes to the centers of the 5 dough squares. Top each with a pinch of black pepper. Fold dough over filling to form a triangle, pressing down with thumbs to seal.
- Fill a Dutch oven or large pot with about 5 inches of oil. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches 350°F. Fry fraticelli until golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes total. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/