Risotto Lustenberger 1862 with a green apple
This creamy risotto can be served as a light meal by itself, as a side dish with meat, veggies or a fresh salad. The melted cheese in the risotto tastes absolutely exquisite: It combines fruity and salty notes in a perfect way. On the palate, Lustenberger 1862 tenderly unfolds its own fruity aroma of citrus and apricot – a perfect combination with the apple and the rice.
- 320 g Risotto rice
- 1 Green apple
- 1 glass White wine
- 220 grams Lustenberger 1862
- 150 ml Vegetable bouillon
- ½ Onion
- Some Butter
- Cut the Lustenberger 1862 into small cubes and set aside. Chop half of the onion into small pieces and fry in the butter.
- Add the rice and cook until it is translucent. Deglaze with the wine, then add the bouillon and allow it to boil. Stir occasionally and add more liquid if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into small cubes and set some apple slices aside for decoration.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick pan and pour in some bouillon. Just (about 5 minutes) before the rice is done cooking, put the apple slices in the frying pan.
- Turn off the heat and mix the rice together with the cheese cubes apple slices.
- Prepare the plates and decorate with the slices of apple you set aside.
- Lustenberger1862 fruity and tangy is available at ALDI US, as a «Specially Selected» product.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/