Orange Fennel Salad with Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele Grissini
This simple, light and refreshing salad receives nutty, salty texture from the Grana Padano wafers and is complimented by the meaty prosciutto and hearty grissini. Together, it is a simple appetizer or light meal.
- 20 orange slices
- 1 small fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pitted black olives
- Olive tapenade
- 4 thick grissini
- 4 slices of Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 1 cup of grated Grana Padano PDO
- Grana Padano wafers
- Thinly layer spoonfuls of grated Grana Padano on a baking sheet, spreading to form discs and bake at 375 F until golden (about 10-12 minutes).
- Gently peel away the wafers from the paper and leave them to cool.
- Spread the tapenade on each Prosciutto di San Daniele and slice and wrap around the grissini.
- Mix all remaining ingredients into a fennel salad and serve with the grissini and wafers as garnish.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/