Herbed Crème Fraîche Mashed Potatoes
The classic mashed potato recipe you know and love, made with decadent crème fraîche and swirls of deliciously cultured butter.
- 2 1/5 pounds of russet potatoes
- 2 oz Vermont Creamery cultured butter, unsalted
- 8 oz Vermont Creamery crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- ►Peel and chop potatoes into large and even 1-inch pieces. Place in a large pot and cover with water.
- ►Cook over high heat until the water comes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- ►Drain the potatoes and transfer back into the pot. To this, add in the cultured butter, and mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth.
- ►Spoon in the crème fraiche, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- ►Gently fold in the chives before serving, reserving a teaspoon to sprinkle on top.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/