Valley Fig's Herbed Goat Cheese and Fig Spread
Sweet, chewy, dark purple Mission Figs and light nutty flavored Golden Figs from Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice and Sun-Maid can be used in the spread - or, better yet, use both! Goat cheese is sold in a variety of sizes, including both 11- and 12-ounce logs. Either size works great. Serve this spread with crackers or a thinly sliced baguette.
- 1 12-ounce log fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs, stemmed and minced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Process goat cheese, milk, chives, olive oil, and thyme in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to serving bowl and stir in figs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/