Grits with gorgonzola, poached egg and prosciutto
Looking to change up your ordinary breakfast routine? Try Grits with Gorgonzola cheese and a poached egg! Unlike plain, boring grits this is a creamy dish full of buttery flavors and a pop of tang. Serve with a poached egg and a crispy slice of prosciutto and you’re ready to start your day right.
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 teas. Smoked Salt
- 1 cup Stone ground Grits washed
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh ground Black Pepper
- 4 tbs unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone
- 1 tbs Sliced Scallions
- TT White Truffle Oil
- Prosciutto Ham Crisp for Garnish
- Bring the water and milk to a boil, slowly add the washed grits
- Simmer until the grits are tender, and add the butter, gorgonzola cheese and mascarpone
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Top with a poached egg, garnish with scallions and drizzle with white truffle oil and garnish with prosciutto crisp.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/