Karst Eggs with Mushrooms and Spinach
Karst is the result of an inspired blend of cheddar and Gruyère which melts perfectly atop the eggs, mushrooms, and spinach in this one-pan dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms (any variety)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Karst cheese, grated
- Melt butter in medium sauté pan over medium heat. When butter foams, add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low. Crack eggs on top of mushroom and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cook over low heat until eggs are set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/