La Bonne Vie Pumpkin Soup with Crème Fraîche
Created by Global Master Chef Helmut F.J. Holzer CMC, this recipe is a great seasonal item to add to your menu. Savory garlic, sweet coconut milk, and tangy red curry give this soup a flavor profile for all palates. Topped with rich crème fraiche, this creamy concoction is a favorite among all pumpkin lovers.
- 4 cans pumpkin or 1 sugar pumpkin
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 oz., or ½ jar, Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted pepitas
- La Bonne Vie crème fraîche for garnish
- Optional: pumpkin oil for garnish
To prepare pumpkin if not using cans
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and split the pumpkin, and remove the seeds.
- Brush with olive oil and place in the oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take off the skin, and chop into small pieces.
- Place in food processor until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add chicken stock and pureed pumpkin to the sautéed mixture, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and stir in coconut milk and Thai red curry. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a spoonful of crème fraiche, pepitas, chives, and optional pumpkin oil.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/