Marin French Camembert Muffins
These cute little muffins throw a classy, cheesy spin on any Sunday brunch—and they're great for snackin' on, too!
- 8 ounces Marin French Camembert or Petite Camembert, cut into ¼-½ pieces
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, basil, or chives, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and dust muffin tins with flour or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, cheese, and the herb of your choice; in another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Using a folding motion, combine the mixtures but do not overmix. Fold in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spoon the batter into the tins or cups approximately ⅔ full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until muffins are golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/