Marin French Petite Breakfast Cheese and Asparagus Omelet
Marin French Petite Breakfast cheese is the perfect melty, tangy omelet cheese! Nothing says “spring” like the fresh asparagus we chose for this recipe, but mushrooms, spinach and peppers love our Petite Breakfast too. Have fun with your own seasonal combo. And don’t forget the mimosas!
- 4 ounces Marin French Petite Breakfast Cheese, crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus, lightly steamed and patted dry
- 1 bunch chives, sliced
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined and frothy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet or omelet pan over medium heat until foamy. Add half of the egg mixture and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Using a heat resistant rubber spatula, stir the eggs lightly until almost set but still moist. Pat the egg curds into an even layer with the spatula.
- Arrange half of the cheese and asparagus on one side of the omelet and cook undisturbed until the eggs are set and the cheese has melted.
- Lift an edge of the omelet with the spatula and fold one half over the other to close. Slide onto a plate and garnish with the chives.
- Repeat instructions for the second omelet using the remaining butter, egg mixture, cheese, and asparagus.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/