Meatball Poutine with Roth Grand Cru
Poutine, a beloved Canadian comfort dish, has been gaining in popularity stateside. This version features mini meatballs and the nutty flavors of Roth Grand Cru Alpine-style cheese.
- 8 ounces ground beef, pork, or veal
- ¼ cup prepared stuffing
- 1 egg
- 2 cups prepared gravy
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Roth Grand Cru, cubed
- Scallions (optional)
- Combine ground meat, stuffing, and egg in a medium bowl. Using your hands, form mixture into small meatballs. Place meatballs in a single layer in a crockpot. Cover with gravy and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Slice potatoes into French fries. Place French fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a serving dish, layer French fries, meatballs and gravy, cubed Roth Grand Cru, and scallions. You may not use all the gravy. Serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/