Montchevré Goat Cheese Gougères
A quick and easy recipe that will set the mood for your gourmet get together, these goat cheese puffs have an amazing fluffy texture with creamy goat cheese accents that will melt in your mouth. These adorable little poppers are the perfect appetizer!
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces Montchevré Crumbled Goat Cheese (pick your favorite flavor—we went with Onion and Basil!)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add milk, water, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and add flour, constantly stirring until everything is incorporated, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Take the dough out of the pan and let cool.
- Place the dough in an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, set speed to medium, and—one at a time—add the eggs. Add 3 ounces of your favorite Montchevré goat cheese crumbles.
- Once the dough is mixed, scoop mounds of dough (one tablespoon each) onto a baking sheet, spaced an equal distance apart (about an inch), and bake for 8 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for 5 more minutes. Grab the remaining Montchevré goat cheese crumbles and sprinkle on top. Bake until the cheese is melted (around an additional 2 minutes).
- Serve warm!
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/