Pizza with Parmigiano Reggiano, Parma Ham, and Basil
This sophisticated take on cheese pizza lets the savory flavor of Parmigiano Reggiano shine. This pizza comes together quickly: Just grate the cheese, then finish with some quickly-torn greens, slices of silky Parma ham, and a generous glug of good olive oil. Use pre-made dough and it's the perfect no-fuss weeknight dinner.
- Pre-made pizza dough
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 handfuls of basil or spinach, torn roughly
- ⅓ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 1 handful arugula leaves
- ¼ cup shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Shape pizza dough (store-bought, or your favorite homemade recipe) into a thin, round base. Transfer to a pizza stone or baking tray.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over the pizza base, leaving a small rim of sauce-free dough. Top with cherry tomatoes, small dollops of mascarpone, and a small handful of basil leaves. Sprinkle with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden and the base is cooked through. Top with arugula and the remaining basil.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and top with Parma ham and the shaved Parmigiano Reggiano. Grate over more Parmigiano Reggiano as desired.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
This recipe is sponsored by the Consorzio Parmigiano-Reggiano.