Parrano® Barley Salad
This bright and herby barley salad complements the earthy undertones in Parrano® cheese perfectly by adding in garlic-basted mushrooms. Each bite is sure to send a euphoric sensation across your palate!
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 cup beef broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup Parrano® cheese, shaved
- Cook barley, according to package instructions, in medium pot with beef broth and 2 cups of water. Drain then spread out on baking sheet to cool.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, and add mushrooms in single layer. Cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce pan to medium heat and add thyme, garlic, and butter. Baste mushrooms well while cooking an additional 3 minutes. Remove only mushrooms from pan with slotted spoon and transfer to small bowl.
- Toss cooled barley in medium bowl with cilantro, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parrano® cheese, and kosher salt, to taste. Add mushrooms, toss to combine, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/