Parrano® Cheese Crackers
We have found the perfect recipe for all you Cheez-It lovers! Instead of buying a box, why not make your own using wholesome ingredients you can actually pronounce? Parrano®’s nutty flavor profile makes for an incredible explosion of cheesy, crunchy goodness when baked. These bite sized cheese snacks are irresistible—you might want to make a few batches!
- 8 ounces Parrano® cheese, shredded
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Mix Parrano® cheese, flour, butter, salt, and smoked paprika in a food processor. Pulse until mixture looks like sand. Add the ice water and pulse until the dough comes together. Form dough in a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness and cut into squares using a pizza cutter. Use a toothpick or wooden skewer to poke small hole in the center of each square.
- Transfer squares to baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 15-17 minutes. Allow to cool completely before storing (this will help keep them crunchy!)
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/