Parrano Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw
An ultimate comfort food, this meaty sandwich is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy the juicy, smoky pulled pork topped with nutty, creamy Parrano cheese and refreshing coleslaw.
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded using a vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Granulated sugar, to taste
- 1 baguette, cut into slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups pulled pork
- 1½ cups grated Parrano cheese
- In a bowl, combine all coleslaw ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with the olive oil. Transfer baguette slices to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add Parrano cheese to 1 side of each slice and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Top half the bread slices with ½ tablespoon of pulled pork and some coleslaw. Add a second baguette slice on top of the pulled pork and coleslaw.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/