Parrano Truffle Popovers
These delicate, easy-to-make popovers are a great addition to any brunch or dinner party. You’ll crave their light, airy texture and nutty, rich flavor. You will need a popover pan for this recipe.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray or other oil, for greasing pan
- 8 ounces Parrano® Truffle cheese, diced into ½-inch cubes (about 12 cubes)
- Set oven rack in the bottom third of the oven (the popovers will rise significantly, so give them room). Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat ungreased popover pan in oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, warm milk in small saucepan until it reaches around 100°F.
- Beat eggs and salt in large bowl. Slowly add warm milk and mix well. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Remove hot popover pan from oven and spray with cooking spray. Evenly pour batter into pan until cups are ¾ full. Top each cup with 2 cubes of Parrano® Truffle cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Serve warm.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/