Peppercorn Jalapeño Poppers
Enjoy this irresistible combination of spicy peppers and savory smoky, sweet Melkbus® 59 Peppercorn cheese. This delicious appetizer is full of flavor and is great for any party or gathering!
- 10 jalapeños
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ pound Melkbus Peppercorn, grated and divided into ¼-pound portions
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Halve each pepper and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Coat peppers with half the oil. Place peppers on baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook shallots and ground turkey until meat is browned.
- Combine parsley, sage, salt, pepper, and half of the cheese in a small bowl. Stir in the turkey mixture. Fill peppers evenly with the mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until peppers are tender and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/