Grana Padano Puff Pastry Straws
Puff pastry straws with prosciutto are easy to make and even easier to eat. Perfect paired with sparkling wine, these twists are great finger food for relaxing after a long day, or for serving in a pretty bouquet as a dinner party appetizer.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, 12 in x 8 in
- 1 cup Grana Padano, finely grated
- 8 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
- 2 egg yolks
- Black pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the whole sheet of puff pastry in egg yolk.
- Evenly scatter Grana Padano over the entire sheet and season with pepper (and a little nutmeg, if wanted). Place sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- When firm, cut across widthwise at ½ inch intervals.
- Twist each strand and place onto another tray, keeping a 1-1 ½ inch space between each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack, then wrap each one in a slice of Prosciutto di San Daniele, covering ⅔ of the stick.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/