Queso-Melt Cuban Sandwich
The classic Cuban gets a cheesy upgrade with creamy Queso-Melt dip. You will need a panini press or griddle for this recipe.
- 2 pounds pork loin, trimmed
- 2 cups mojo marinade
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 pieces toasted ciabatta
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 8 ounces Queso-Melt
- 2 dill pickles, thickly sliced
- Marinate pork loin in mojo marinade at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, turning pork occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place marinated pork on a sheet pan with roasting rack. Season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic to taste. Roast until interior temperature reaches 165°F, about 45 minutes. Remove pork and cool until internal temperature reaches 40°F. Carve pork into thin slices.
- While pork is roasting, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, ancho powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, orange juice concentrate, green onions, and chopped garlic in a medium bowl until smooth. Chill in refrigerator.
- Melt Queso-Melt according to package instructions. Spread mustard and Queso-Melt on both sides of toasted ciabatta. Spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each ciabatta slice. Top with pork and pickles. Close sandwich with second slice of ciabatta, mayonnaise-side down. Press in panini press or on griddle to toast outside of bread, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/