Queso-Melt Shrimp Quesadilla
This tasty recipe highlights classic Mexican flavors by using the restaurant-style Mexican cheese Queso-Melt, cilantro, poblano and jalapeño peppers, and lime—not to mention an added bonus of tequila!
- 10 ounces raw shrimp, tails off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Queso-Melt chunk, shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped poblano peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño peppers
- 3 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- I large flour tortilla
- In a large pan over medium medium heat, add olive oil allow to warm up. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes.
- Add tequila and garlic, reduce heat to low, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add onion, peppers, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix together.
- In another pan, heat butter on low until melted. Add tortilla. While tortilla is toasting, add two hearty scoops each of shredded Queso-Melt and the shrimp mixture to one half of tortilla surface.
- Fold tortilla over and toast on both sides until golden brown. Serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/