Sartori Black Pepper BellaVitano® Pasta
Feeling fancy? Call this dish "Cacio e Pepe." Feeling realistic? Call it "dinner in 20 minutes."
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 5.3 ounce wedge Black Pepper BellaVitano®, grated
- Bring large stockpot full of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Drop bucatini into boiling water and cooking until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add peppercorns and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant and toasted.
- Drain pasta, reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add about ½ cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add cooked pasta and remaining butter. Reduce heat to low and add 1 cup grated Black Pepper BellaVitano, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted. Remove pan from heat; add another ¼ cup of BellaVitano, stirring and tossing until cheese melts and sauce coats the pasta. (If sauce seems dry, add more pasta water.)
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/