Sautéed Pears with BelGioioso Mascarpone
Pears develop a meltingly smooth texture when slowly sautéed in butter. The creamy mascarpone cheese matches the texture of the pears while the cognac-brown sugar glaze enhances the rich sweetness of the dish.
- 4 large fresh pears
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- 8 ounces BelGioioso Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Slice each pear into 6 wedges and toss in lemon juice to prevent browning. Melt butter in large pan over low heat. Add sliced pears and sauté for a few minutes until heated through.
- Add brown sugar and stir until melted and the pears are coated. Heat mixture until pears start to soften, then add brandy or cognac. Bring to a boil and poach pears until soft and heated through.
- Mix BelGioioso Mascarpone with maple syrup and serve pears warm or slightly cooled with a dollop of Mascarpone.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/