Skillet Pork Chops with Parrano Apple Gravy
These perfectly seared, savory pork chops paired with a sweet and nutty and apply gravy make for a heavenly match that will leave you and your guests in awe. It’s a unique flavor combination that will impress everyone at your table!
- 2 pork chop filets, 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 17-ounce jar of apple butter
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded Parrano cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat in large skillet. Add pork chops and cook each side for 3 minutes. Place pork on plate to rest.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the apple slices and cook until soft. Remove apples.
- In same skillet, mix apple butter, brown sugar, and Parrano cheese until well combined and cheese is melted. Slowly stir in heavy cream. Once combined add in cooked apples and stir.
- Push gravy and apples aside, add pork chops to pan so that they are touching the bottom. Cook for additional 4-5 minutes and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/