Smoked Salmon & Fresh Cheese Toasts
Make these smoked salmon toasts when you need a light meal or a sophisticated snack that's ready fast. Creamy La Bonne Vie Original Goat Cheese or La Bonne Vie French Cheese Spread, mixed with a handful of fresh dill, nicely balances savory smoked salmon and hearty bread. For extra ease, prepare the cheese mixture ahead of time and store in the fridge so it's ready when hunger strikes.
- 4 ounces La Bonne Vie Original Goat Log or La Bonne Vie French Cheese Spread
- 8 pieces baguette, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls fresh dill, chopped
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Heat a heavy skillet on medium heat. Brush both sides of the sliced baguettes with extra-virgin olive oil and place in the dry skillet.
- Toast until the desired char is achieved, or about two minutes. Turn and toast the other side, about two minutes.
- In small bowl, mix handful of chopped dill weed with La Bonne Vie Original Goat Log or La Bonne Vie French Cheese Spread.
- Top each toasted baguette with cheese mixture and a thin slice of smoked salmon. Sprinkle remaining dill weed on top of finished bite-size baguettes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/